As we physically distance, our Society will be meeting for platforms, programs, and classes online via the video-meeting tool Zoom. For help with Zoom, please contact Lisa Schwartz ([email protected]) and she will arrange assistance for you.
How to Use Zoom
Requirements: Windows PC, Apple Mac, smartphone (Apple or Android), or dial in from any phone to get the audio. You never need to create an account or give any personal information when joining a Zoom meeting.
The listings for our platforms, programs, and events on our events calendar, in social media, and in our Focus newsletter will include information for getting the Zoom link you will need to participate.
On a PC or Mac
- Click the Zoom link (or type it into your browser).
- You will be prompted to install the Zoom app, and join the meeting. Best to allow video and audio.
On a smartphone
- Download the Zoom app at any time.
- A little ahead of the meeting time,
- Click on the link to your meeting OR
- Start the app, click “Join a Meeting,” and enter the Meeting ID
- Reply to the prompts. Best to use these options: “Join with Video” and “Call via Device Audio.”
On a landline or any phone
- Call (929) 205-6099
- When prompted, enter Meeting ID (followed by #)
- Press # if prompted for Participant ID
- Enter Password when prompted (followed by #)
- Listen for “You have been put on hold by the host”. Wait until the host lets you into the room.