Ethical Adventures Family and Friends Circle
A family-friendly gathering for ethical exploration and adventure
Every Sunday, our Society offers a family-friendly gathering at 9:45 am, in addition to the regular platform at 11 am. This Family and Friends Circle is open to all, especially to families with youth of any age. During the Circle, trained facilitators and educators offer a variety of activities for exploring ethical issues as well as opportunities for adventuring beyond the Society’s doors for ethical-action activities or learning about the world. The schedule varies, but follows roughly this schedule:
- First and third Sundays: Meet at the meetinghouse for group ethical exploration.
- Second, fourth, and fifth Sundays: Watch for emails of events and where to meet.
To stay informed about Family and Friends Circle, email leader Curt Collier at email@example.com. You will be included in our email list of upcoming activities. Youth and adults of all ages are welcome to attend.
These are some of the goals of the Ethical Adventures Family and Friends Circle:
- To encourage each child to seek personal answers to questions of ethics within a framework of respect for themselves, their families, their communities and their natural environment
- To foster social responsibility in each child
- To introduce concepts from other belief systems while promoting tolerance and affirming diversity
- To affirm a broad spectrum of family traditions in a joyous atmosphere of celebration at festivals
- To provide a sense of belonging in an established community of people actively living according to their ethical ideals
- To offer each family an identity in, and with, Ethical Culture as its religious choice and commitment