Michelle Gil, public affairs manager of Planned Parenthood of Northern, Central, and Southern New Jersey, who was our speaker at the April 16 Gathering, provided follow-up information on how individuals can get involved in work to preserve reproductive rights.
Opportunities to Help
- Planned Parenthood is building a Community Action Team (CAT) in Bergen County, which will host monthly meetings, usually in Fair Lawn. The next meeting is May 17, 6-7pm.
- Tell the courts to save access to Mifepristone, a safe abortion drug by signing the People’s Amicus Brief!
- In the proposed New Jersey budget, funding for family planning and abortion has been maintained. Please visit the Planned Parenthood budget page to find out how to get involved.
- Share your story. If you have a story about reproductive rights or abortion and you would like to join Planned Parenthood’s storyteller program, please contact Michelle Gil at 973-714-0984.
- Help send postcards to voters. Request them here.
For more information visit Bansoff or text ACCESS to 22422
During her talk, Michelle shared preferred language when discussing abortion and reproductive rights.