Carsie Blanton, Oct 4, 2013
Carsie Blanton, Live in Concert
Friday Oct 4, 2013, 2013 at 8 pm
Tickets $22.50 plus fees in advance / $27.00 at the door
A portion of the proceeds of the show to benefit Frankford Friends School
ETHICAL BREW is a live music venue located in Teaneck, NJ, dedicated to serving up a quality blend of folk & indie performers in an intimate and welcoming environment.
A portion of each show’s proceeds is allocated to funding worthy, social action projects that reflect the humanist values of the Ethical Culture Society of Bergen County.
The Ethical Culture Society of Bergen County
687 Larch Avenue
Teaneck, NJ 07666
For more info call, 201-836-5187
Part sultry songstress, vintage vixen, and thoroughly modern woman, singer/songwriter Carsie Blanton is without a doubt, an American-made original whose unique musical style defies standard categorization.
Her charming vocalizations, at turns coy and confident, sly and sensual, and well-crafted lyrics have earned her the attention of such industry notables as Joan Osborne, The Wood Brothers, The Weepies, and the legendary Paul Simon with whom she toured in 2011.
“If I had an all-encompassing rule for life, it’d be that you have to follow your heart.” Carsie Blanton says. “It doesn’t mean that everything it tells you is going to be smart, but you have to follow it anyway.”
Following her heart has worked out pretty well for Carsie, earning her widespread critical acclaim and a coast-to-coast fan following for her clever wordplay and indelible melodies. Her latest release, Idiot Heart (January 2012) represents Carsie’s finest work thus far, a panoramic collection of exuberant, expansive folk-pop, crafted with uncommon spirit and ingenuity.
After successfully producing six CDs of her own original tunes, Carsie’s latest project, “Jazz Is For Everyone”, will encompass a collection of classic jazz covers, re-imagined , re-arranged, produced and performed by Ms. Blanton, all with the divine ambition of making jazz accessible to (you guessed it), just about everyone!
- “Carsie Blanton is a rare talent as a modern songwriter, her sly wit and urbane imagery reminds me of a female Cole Porter. She paints a vivid landscape with lyrics that are deceptively conversational and at the same time surprisingly perceptive for a relatively new artist. I’m really happy to know that classic songwriting is in good hands with Carsie Blanton.”
— John Oates (of Hall & Oates)
- “Carsie’s lyrics are an iron fist in the velvet glove of her voice.”
— Singer/songwriter Peter Mulvey
- “As a battered veteran I’m constantly being asked who are the young up and comers I listen to and like. Carsie Blanton is up at the top of my list. Great songs, singing and playing and an A+ for presentation.”
— Loudon Wainwright III
- “Carsie Blanton is a Russian Spy. We know this because only the diabolical Soviet Espionage Specialists could have trained such an insidiously tuneful songwriter.”
— Steve Tannen and Deb Talan (The Weepies)
- “In all truth, she blew me away! One of the best songwriters in the business.”
— Gene Shay, WXPN, Philadelphia, Review from opening for Shawn Colvin 2/12/11 on NPR’s Mountain Stage Brightestyoungthings.com
Featuring Special Guest, Warren Sirota
Warren Sirota is a guitarists’ guitarist who started singing in order to accompany his picking, and fell in love with vocalizing. He’s known among musicians for everything from his blog on jazz guitar techniques to his articles in Guitar Player and his forays into avant-garde electronic live looping, but his mission lately has been to deliver engaging acoustic covers of great songs from Fats Waller through Tom Waits. Expect to smile and be entertained by clever lyrics, jazzy guitar playing and unusual interpretations.
Here’s an audio link.